Student Discount In Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Phtosynthesis, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Phtosynthesis macrumors member

Hi, this Sunday, October 28th, I will be going to to Apple Store near me to purchase a new 24" 2.4GHz iMac. I have a few questions about my purchase.

1) Will the student discount still apply, and how to do that in store?
    2) Should the iMac include Leopard, or do I have to pay extra?
    3) Do I have to pay the full price of the wireless keyboard and mouse if I get them there? I know its considered a BTO on the website, but it really isn't doing much change to the actual computer.

Thank you!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1. The discount applies in-store. Bring your student ID.
    2. A Mac sold that day will include Leopard.
    3. You'll have to pay full price.

3. plumosa macrumors regular

plumosa

1) you just need to be able to show them a school id, or failing that, log into your school's account and show them a schedule with your name on it.

2) yes

3) no idea.

4. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

1) Yes, they look at your student ID. you do have one right?
    2) Should be included, if not they should just give it to ya considering Leopard is being released that Friday.
    3) No, if there's a discount on the KB and Mouse you'll get student pricing. Full price

5. Phtosynthesis thread starter macrumors member

I'll just order it online then and save the $90, but when should I order to be sure Leopard is thrown in?

6. annexw macrumors newbie

Order after 6pm on the 26th to be sure.

According to our Apple Rep, we will *not* be getting drop-in discs for our existing stock, the upgrade would have to be done through the "up-to-date" program on-line and will have to be done by the client.

7. Icebird macrumors member

So can you get the Student discount + use iPhone credit when buying Leopard in-store on the 26th?

I didn't even know you could use just a student ID to get student discounts in-store at an Apple Store.

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

When I got my iMac I paid the exact same thing as it says on the net to get the wireless kb/mouse. You don't need to pay "full price" i.e. as if you were buying the kb/m separately.

9. Mpalmieri809 macrumors newbie

Mpalmieri809

I just bought a 2.4 MBP....I used my educators discount as well as my $100 credit no problem...also tax exemption;)

10. Bobomix macrumors newbie

Hey there, I just got off "Chat Now" on the apple website with a customer representative. I asked if all student discount purchases would be tax-exempted for purchases made online. The individual replied me with "All student are subject to tax.". Now I'm just wondering did you have to fill out a tax-exemption form or request for one or is tax-exempted purchases only available in store??:confused:

Any feedback on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks!~

11. bld44 macrumors 6502

He/She said educators discount, not the student discount.

12. Mpalmieri809 macrumors newbie

Mpalmieri809

Yeah educator's discount...and I need to provide proof of tax-emeption from my school with a special code, signature....the whole 9.....they didn't seem to happy about it either..

13. Bobomix macrumors newbie

Appreciate the quick feedbacks. Thanks :)

14. nmamur macrumors member

about the wireless keyboard and mouse. Its exactly 50 dollars more than the regular wired version, atleast in my local store(fifth avenue).
    Pretty good deal if consider that the mouse is 69 and the keyboard is 79, separately.