Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SSpiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if student discounts or employer discounts (i.e. my employer offers a bunch of Apple store discounts, flat percentage) will apply for the iPad2 at launch?

WiseAJ

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
Yeah, my employer's EPP site offers the same discount for the iPad 2 as it did for the first gen iPad.

nlr

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
London
How much % off is a student discount? I have to be on their network to use and find out...

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
How much % off is a student discount? I have to be on their network to use and find out...

Your location says london so I don't know how it works over seas, but here in America its not really a percentage, all Macs get $50 taken off (it used to be $150 off, but Apple changed that recently).

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
As an example, for a higher education discount (bigger than a regular education discount), I payed about £829 for a baseline 11" Air, with 4GB RAM and a USB Ethernet adapter. I think thats about a £150 saving.

Biolizard

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008
London, United Kingdom
In the UK you normally get about 14% off Macs with student discount, and about 8% off Apple-branded accessories (Mac, iPod, iPad).
No discounts for iPods, iPads and presumably AppleTV.

If you can't readily access the higher education storefront online, I believe you can phone up, quote your Uni and student number, and the reps can tell you the prices.

Frankydan100

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
Birmingham UK
I can get a discount through http://www.perkz.com which my work is a member off.

Heres the discounts available to me here in the UK

Save up to 17% at the Apple Store online with the Apple Employee Purchase Program
Special employee pricing on Apple products
Exclusive promotions
Complimentary shipping on orders over £76
Free engraving on all iPod models
Mac customisation
Ratings and reviews on accessories and software
*This is how the discounts are broken down:

4% Discount on Accessories
6% Discount on iPods, iphones and ipads.
6% Discount on iMac, MacBook, 13" MacBook Pro and entry 15" MacBook Pro good (entry), Mac mini, MacBook Air.
8% Discount on 15" MacBook Pro (better & best), 17" MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, Apple Cinema Displays
12% Discount on Apple Care Protection Plan
17% Discount on Apple Software

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.