Student Discount question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alejandror91, Aug 3, 2011.

1. alejandror91 macrumors newbie

Hello macrumorers,

This is my first post here, I decided to post after extensively looking for an answer to my question and being unable to find one.

I currently live in Guatemala and have plans of going to the US soon and would love to buy my first macbook over there, since they are much cheaper there than here in Guatemala (The base Macbook pro goes for about $1650). Anyways, I want to get the student discount, however I am not sure if it would apply for College students outside the US, I have a Student ID but obviously it is from a University here in Guatemala. Does anyone know if I would apply for the discount?

Thanks in advance and I am really excited about changing to mac finally!

2. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

3. klinic macrumors member

You never know. I bought my top spec MBP with an education discount and they didn't even check to see if I had any proof of study. I wouldn't count on that though.

4. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

The question was if the OP could "apply" for the discount and the answer is no since he/she isn't part of the US system.

Anyone can goto the store and say that they are a student and if they are asked, they can say I forgot my ID.