Student discount UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by samrookes, Oct 15, 2011.

1. samrookes macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Apple do student discount on iPads in the UK? Thinking about buying a second hand iPad but if they do student discount may as well just get a new one!

thanks!

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

To my knowledge Apple has never offered a student discount on iPads. You could go check Apple's website for the student discount.

3. snowydog macrumors 6502

They do in the u.k.

I was on looking for a MacBook on student store through my uni and there was discounts on iPads for students

4. samrookes thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks very much snowydog! do you remember how much the discount was? i'm going into uni on monday so can look online then but don't want to have to wait all weekend guessing!

5. jj48 macrumors regular

I can't help you with how much discount you'll be able to get, but you could look into using remote desktop connection or a similar service to access your university terminals from home. That's how I make all my discounted purchases. :D

6. DW58 macrumors regular

DW58

While the discounts on Mac computers are very good here in the UK - 17% or thereabouts, those on the iPad are hardly worth bothering with.

Discounted yes, by much ... ... ... No.

Sam - check your PM.

7. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Apple only offer Higher education discount on mac PCs they sell, all other devices are the same price.

8. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

The one thats with my Uni, has iPads discounted to a huge £387 :p
    May as well get a refurb for £50 less.

9. DW58 macrumors regular

DW58

It's not specific to your Uni, it's the the standard Apple higher education discount in the UK for the iPad - not much at all. It's available to anyone in higher education as long as they can prove it to Apple's satisfaction.

If you buy an MBA/iMac/MBP/PM however, discounts are very significant indeed, my son recently got around 17% off of an MBP and around 11% off of certain peripherals.