Student discount?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Liquinn, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Does the student discount apply if your at a college in the UK? Or only a university? (I have a student ID card which proves I'm at the college).

And can you use the discount in store?

Thanks

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Check Apple's education website from the store, if your school is listed, you're eligible.

3. molala macrumors 6502a

4. bigjobby macrumors 65816

All your answers can be found here.

If you buy online, you'll get a 3-year complimentary warranty as oppose to the standard 12-months if you were to buy instore. Not sure if this applies to 'college' students though.

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I want to buy my 17" MBP in store it saves waiting for delivery and all. And the discount is barely anything at all...

What's 50 pounds to me when I'm spending 2 grand on a MBP though?

I might forget about the discount as I think I will only get the discount if I order online.

Thanks for the replies though

6. chazmuzz macrumors newbie

Student discount is much more than that, are you sure that you are in an actual Apple store rather than a 'Genuine Reseller' store? I bought an iMac with around a £300 discount in 2010 using my student card (From £1649 to £1360ish).

In my town the genuine reseller store (http://www.solutions-inc.co.uk/) gives a measly 5% discount, while I can get around 15% off using the online apple store. Also, £50 is £50 no matter what you're spending..

7. goog macrumors newbie

Hey,

I ordered a 13inch mac book pro yesterday for college.

I did not need anything more powerful as its just for college & nothing else. I needed portability with a bit more power than mac air.

I go to college but at my college it allowed me to go on the uni section.

And it is pending shipment and they did not even ask for id.

Great thing with it. the 3 year warranty is only £49

The total of the order was £937 inc vat.

Mac book pro 13" most basic model no extras
    3 year warranty
    a 30£ case
    & the £65 gift card.

Try and get on the uni mac store so you can order even cheaper

8. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

two questions; why are you buying a new laptop when you already have one that isn't even released yet? and two, how did you get a DeLorean to 88mph? well, i guess you're UK so you got the ~170hp engine, not the 130hp we got over here; but still...

9. Specklez macrumors newbie

Also, even if you purchase it on the college offer, you still get that £65 gift card ;)

There are links which allow you to use the Uni store and its discount, however I wouldn't advise that...if they check up and it turns out you're not meant to have it, well...

10. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

you can most likely get the discount in the store... i got the discount in the store.

11. Specklez macrumors newbie

Yeah, as long as you have some ID relating to the establishment, you will get the relevant discount.

E.g. Sixth Form/College ID for that discount, or UCAS acceptance/Uni ID for University one.

12. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

i didn't have one, and i still got the discount in the store...