student discount

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ilikeninjas90, Jun 15, 2008.

1. ilikeninjas90 macrumors regular

Hey guys

I was wondering if I could get the 100 dollar discount on the macbook and at the same time get the 8 gig ipod touch when I purchase a macbook online with their student discount.

So what I am basically trying to ask is if the discount code is one or the other.

thanks

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

In order to take advantage of the free iPod touch offer, you MUST purchase through Apple's educational pricing program. So yes, you would both get the education discount ($100 or so) on the MacBook as well as the iPod rebate.

3. ilikeninjas90 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks a lot of wildcowboy

So what I want to know is that I am currently about to buy a macbook, but I am kinda short on money so I was thinking about buying macbook from craigslist for 650, but I was thinking since I already own a ipod touch, I could buy the macbook for essentially 750 dollars, after I sell the 8gb touch.

What would you guys do?

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

yep thats what I would do

5. JackArc macrumors regular

JackArc

6. ilikeninjas90 thread starter macrumors regular

haha

no

Im still in high school actually

you?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Then you can't get the student discount; it's for college students only.

8. ilikeninjas90 thread starter macrumors regular

9. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

well, that depends on if they're in college. . like alphaod said, college students/faculty/parents of college kiddos can take advantage of this offer.

10. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

keep two things in mind about the school offer: you have to pay for the iPod up front and wait for the rebate, and you are not likely to get a full $300 for the touch when you resell it, even if it is brand new.

11. bmms8 macrumors 68020

remember you can also get a free printer. if you are really short on cash, buy the lowest model macbook for 999, touch for 300, and printer for 100. total cost will be 1400 plus tax. CA tax makes it out to $1508. you will get $400 back in rebates. then, you can probably sell the touch for about $225-250. and sell the printer for what you can get. your total cost should run you $8XX. Also, remember this is with over $100 in taxes, so it is not a bad deal at all, but remember to include the taxes when calculating;)

12. Bwilky macrumors regular

Anyone can get the student discount online. It's sad that apple does that. But heh, if losing $100 makes sum1 buy your product why the hell not right?