Student discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redking31591, Jun 12, 2009.

1. redking31591 macrumors 6502

My school Tulane offers a plan discount for att. It will save me about 5 dollars a month. I am planning on getting an iphone at the end of this month. Would the apple store be capable of proccessing this discount on my plan or would it be better to do it though an att store. I have a student id card.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I dont think they handle the discounts.. you should go to att

3. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

Apple cannot handle FAN discounts. You will have to go to an AT&T Corporate Retail Store or call AT&T Premier Support to get the FAN discount setup.

4. redking31591 thread starter macrumors 6502

so just my local att store would do the trick? how about best buy?

5. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I do not think Best Buy is equipped to handle adding FAN discounts, but you can probably ask them and see. I've only done it at an AT&T store (University System of Georgia FAN discount).

6. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I didn't have to go to the store at all. I went to the ATT Premier website, entered my school email address, they sent a the verification link and that was pretty much it. Once I clicked the link it verified me, and automatically added the discount. I get a 15% discount.

7. redking31591 thread starter macrumors 6502

okay thank i'll just go to my att store. also if my billing address is not in the att service area but I will be using the phone in new orleans where they have really good service(They have a region headquarters there) can they still set a phone up for me? It isn't much its only a 5% discount should I even worry about it?

8. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I am sure they will be glad to set up a phone for you, no matter where you live. I think it would be worth it, over time that 5% can amount to a pretty big savings.

9. redking31591 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks you've been most helpful. can wait for my iphone 3g s!!!!!

10. Stankonia macrumors regular

Did you already have an active account, or were you setting up your account at the time?

I checked and my school is eligible for the 15% discount as well. But since I already ordered my iPhone a few days ago and don't want to cancel and risk not getting it by Friday, I wonder if I can have the discount applied after I receive and activate the phone/plan.

Has anyone had any success having this type of discount applied after activation? Or is it something I can only do while placing my original order?

11. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

You have to have an active account already in order to do it through the Premier site. All it requires is an e-mail account from your company/school that has a FAN discount. You can have it applied after your phone/plan has been activate or during the order at an AT&T store.

12. hidipak macrumors newbie

Ok you just need to call them/there is option in online a/c and give your email id (with school domain) and you are done. You will receive one link and click it.

13. Stankonia macrumors regular

That is great news since it will cut my bill by about $10 a month. Thanks for the info

14. admanimal macrumors 68040

This also worked for me last year.