Student Discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lambros, May 8, 2010.

1. Lambros macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

Obviously ADC membership is no longer available :( so i was wondering if there are any other ways to get a student discount or any other developer discount..?

Cheers.

2. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

3. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

4. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Well if it's like my work place (Big company) I get my discounts just by going onto an Apple store website with 17% discounts.
    As far as I'm aware, it's the same for a student discount, you have to access the special site from you Uni/ College though or I think you can take your student card etc into any Apple store to get a discount.
    I even think you MAY get better then 17% off!!

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What do you want to have discounted? A developer account or something else? Maybe you can change your thread title to attract a bigger audience.

6. calb macrumors 6502

Given that he's posted it in the MacBook Pro forum, I assume he is looking to buy a new MBP.

@OP: it may have changed or may vary elsewhere, but in the UK I think we have 3 types of discount. There's a basic student discount, a further education discount and a higher education discount (having used the latter two myself).

Edit: HE discount lists the base model MBP at £858.93

7. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

Yep its for a MBP hence the thread location. Also, I am getting the impression the discount is ~10%. does that sound right? how will i verify im a student for them though?

8. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Which is a fair bit less then my discount which has it at £938.83. So again to the OP, what kind of level of education are you in? School, college....

9. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

it was funny how I showed the Apple store chick my Alumni card but covered up Alumni part and got the $200 student discount.

10. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Your initial post was very vague, and sounded like you were looking for a way to get the EDU discount now that you couldn't get the developer's discount. I'm not going to assume anything, thus the reason I asked whether or not you're a student. The snarky comment is not necessary.

I'm going to answer your question anyway. The EDU discount here in the US is mostly across the board 10% off the retail price, and you can purchase either through Apple Retail Store or Online. In-store you would have to provide proof of enrollment (student ID, term bill, acceptance letter, etc.), but online all you have to do is click on the Education tab, and search for your school. There is no verification process involved (since I last checked), and the prices reflect the discounts already.

11. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks a lot. I checked the website and figured out that I would get about 10% off (so it seems...11%ish off to be more exact). And no, if ADC student membership was still available I would have gotten an ADC membership then used the discount on that, but unfortunately that is no longer available.