Student gift card offer if payer is not a student

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jrrrgoldie, Jul 19, 2012.

1. jrrrgoldie macrumors newbie

I'm a student looking to buy an Ipad and get the $50 gift card. However, I'm planning to use my brother's AMEX card (he's not a student) to pay and double my warranty. Do you think I can still get the $50 gift card even if I buy it through my account but with his card?

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Yes no problem. My brother used my moms card all the time.

3. avincent52 macrumors regular

Don't know about the experience at an Apple Store, but if you order on-line, the educational discount is basically done on the honor system.
    You check the box of the place where you're a student or teacher, and Apple takes your word for it without any further evidence needed.
    That said, my wife is a teacher so my family has been eligible, but we've generally bought refurbs at a bigger discount instead.

4. ato09 macrumors newbie

i could be wrong about this, but i think all you need is a functioning email address that is .edu. All i had to do was give them my university email address and then they sent an email to it while i was in store and checked it on one of their computers to verify that it was infact my email address. This may be different in other stores, but that is all that they checked for me. I did do this a year or so ago when I bought my MBA and they were giving out gift cards as well then.