Student License Adobe CS3?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by polar-blair, Aug 29, 2008.

1. polar-blair macrumors regular

Hi

I have just started college and in class we will be using the adobe suite and a bunch of other programs, (CS2 that is) I have been wanting CS3 and have used up my trial and will be getting a copy of the student license, My question. I have heard CS4 is on its way and when I leave college, (No student account for me) so I will have to get a full version (lot more expensive) can I just upgrade my student account to a full account or will I have to buy the suite again?

Just so I no for the future.

Any help would be great

2. greeneggs28 macrumors newbie

greeneggs28

I ran into the same issue a couple of years ago. I called Adobe and they said under the terms of the Educational Version, it can not be upgraded. You must have a Full-Commercial version to be able to purchase the upgrades. But that was years ago, maybe their policy has changed...:)

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No there is no student vs regular account really. You buy the student version and if you want to move from CS3 to CS4 you must pay $300 again. If you're no longer a student when CS4 is released then you must pay full price. However, from there upgrades are $199 I believe. Eventually it all evens out.

4. shecky Guest

shecky

Adobe pdf

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

seems to have changed then, I called about a year ago and was told what Shecky posted

6. polar-blair thread starter macrumors regular

7. benwa02 macrumors 6502

also, Adobe revises their suite every 2 years in the spring.

So you can expect to see CS4 coming out this spring, I'll be purchasing it then.