Student-Made Ad (Not Real)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lukjohnson21, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Lukjohnson21 macrumors newbie

2. chriswheat macrumors regular

I don't particularly like how it does the same spinning motion each time it spins. It doesn't feel very fluid.

3. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Looks very nice, but reminds me too much of the other one that was made by an amateur... the one Apple used for the new TV ads. As I said, its nice, but would love to see something more original :eek:

4. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Let met start things off

1) Music? Apologize by Timbaland/Republic? what were you thinking (ill leave it at that)
    2)Music,Videos, Photos, Websites? sounds bad...not good...to many words
    3) 8gb and 16gb not necessary..maybe holds up to 4,000 songs
    4) $299....not necessary unless its a huge price drop or somethig

thats all..just not apple..or good at all

nice try

5. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

syncing the spins to the beat is a good idea in theory -- but it becomes distracting.

For that iPod, it's important to show the functionality more than just the casing.

6. JWest macrumors 6502

I love how many user-created ads are popping up for various Apple products just because one kid caught Apple's attention with his ad.:rolleyes:

7. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

woa, woa, woa, this is very good having been made by a kid, I mean, lets see you make something better, how about some constructive criticism, not just, it sucks.

Not bad, I liked some of the ideas, although you might want to try changing some of the wording.

8. TimJim macrumors 6502a

I dont like the same spinning clip that was played a couple times, and i didnt really like the music.

9. natezire71 Guest

*Simon's voice* Well, it sucked. I am only trying to help u when i say this. The music is just not there. Also, Apple never has prices in their ads. Just saying.:)

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok few things wrong, as already mentioned music was wrong, there was unneeded spinning of pod, and there was no info about the product like u see in the iPhone ads

11. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

been there done that many years ago :D

12. cjmal macrumors 6502

Agreed, that OneRepublic song doesn't fit well with an iPod ad at all, most songs used in Apple Ads are usually upbeat songs, that song's just a bit depressing. The Ad also didn't show off the features of the iPod at all.

13. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Although I wouldn't have the mad skizzilz to produce a comparable "ad", what your friend should realize is that Apple rewards creativity. Once one person has done it, Apple is no longer impressed by a thousand knock-offs of the same thing.

If you want to grab Apple's attention, it'll require something creative and new. This won't get the job done.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm going to have to agree that the 8gb and 16gb is uncessary as it speaks to a certain demographic that would know what 8gb and 16gb is capable of. The suggestion to cite how many songs seems more useful.

Wow, I did not read his post as outright "you suck" and who cares how old the kid is? I mean if you say he is a kid then he is a kid but even still, I just don't see how being made by a kid would somehow negate the fact that the ad doesn't exactly jump. It is not bad, but it's not stellar and when asking for criticism and then offering it up I cannot see how relevant the person's age is.

15. steve.lawrence macrumors member

You do? I'm trying to think of something positive about it, but really I can't think of anything about it that's good at all. The music is just wrong, have you even *seen* a real Apple commercial?

Yes, it *is* too late to apologize for this.

16. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The portion with photos, music, .... is much too wordy for TV.

The spin should be a rapid 360 succeeded by a slow view of the front and back. It was very distracting matched to the music.

17. steve.lawrence macrumors member

Where does it say that this was made by some kid?!

18. joemama2413 macrumors member

the spinning is kind of annoying. btw i love apologize

19. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The song has nothing to do with the iPod...

The other one made had something to do with music at least.

btw, thats the worst song I've ever heard, I hate it.

20. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Speaking of the amateur ad that made it to Apple (with CSS), that ad was so amazing, what software was used to make it? It can't be iMovie...how do you do that stuff without actually filming a physical iPod touch lol. Sorry I'm a moron and don't know how this stuff works...haha.

21. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I asked him on his youtube account and he said that he used imovie and got the video from the ipod touch tour

22. pab277 macrumors regular

For me, the structure of the ad is much like the current ad airing and the music doesn't connect with the product or the flow of the ad. And most, if not all apple ads never display the price on the ad and it was a bit too wordy for a commercial. The quick flipping motion got old after like 4 sec as well.
    Tell your friend good effort though :]

thats my constructive cristism

23. tennez macrumors regular

24. phytonix macrumors 6502

25. GyroFX macrumors 6502

i have to agree with the other, good attempt nontheless. The flip-sync clips made my head spin a little and after a while, it got really annoying and made me look away. Some parts are nice with the slow to fast motions...but it's been used everywhere. It's probably more innovative if done with personalized ipod clips rather than using pre-existing ones. It's almost like one of those "commercials" you can put together yourself on the website with different soundtracks. Keep at it...you'll get it one day