Student notes pro is such a good app and its free!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dammit Cubs, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

So much more thought out than those you have to pay for. Seriously, this shows a lot of potential for tablet computing in the future. Great app and well executed.

And its FREE!!!!!! Yippie!!!!!

- sent from Ipad

2. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Student notes pro???

Did you mean school notes pro? Looks like a very good find.

Thanks

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm not a student but it was free and I love it. I love drawing with it and taking web clips. It's the Circus Ponies NoteBook for the iPad!

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Ohhhhh, you just said a magic word!!

Off to make sure the kid has it on hers so i can play with it!

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I have yet to play with it but i picked it up seeing it was free.

6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Just tested it out. Very cool and powerful! Reminds me of one note a little, it would be really nice if the dev added the ability to import PowerPoint slides in the future.

7. komquat macrumors newbie

If you like that, and are looking for similar, try smartnote app. It is not free ($0.99) but has a few more features, and I have had all my suggestions commented on from the devs. They are hard at work improving the app.

8. macboy4 macrumors regular

9. komquat macrumors newbie

School Notes Pro

Link to appshopper School Notes Pro, I do not have Itunes here...

The following is for Smartnote...

Smartnote

10. rldunn macrumors member

I agree about School Notes Pro. I really want to be able to use my iPad to take notes at work, send to my desktop, and keep them with my project files electronically, so I've tried out a bunch of the note-taking apps. I really wish I could combine the features of a bunch of them (and also some features of Good Reader) into one app, but for now, I've been using School Notes Pro the most. Right now, it seems to be the most responsive to my writing and have the best interface.

However, I would pay money for this app if they would get rid of the stupid advertisement that gets placed on the bottom of every note when you email them. It looks completely unprofessional. If they did that, allowed for the importing of PDF files to annotate, and could wirelessly link with the desktop rather than having to email notes, this app would be very, very close to perfect for my needs.

11. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

12. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

School notes pro is good, as is Smart Note (but crashy)...one thing I don't like in either of these apps is the length of the notepad does not adapt to the content but is static to the size of the screen.

I like how Apple's note app just keeps going and let's you scroll the document.

Add that, with the ability to turn the page if I want to, not have to, would be killer....

I also think that typing should be the default action, not drawing. I'm not going to handwrite notes on this more than I would type them, so tapping a pen when I want to make a diagram or something is much better than having to define text fields all over.