Student promotion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asd31083, Sep 4, 2008.

1. asd31083 macrumors newbie

If new iPods come out next tuesday, but new notebooks do not, could I get a current version MBP with a new iPod after September 9th?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I doubt it. To my recollection, they only allowed this to be used towards the older model iPods/Macs. You can always hope though.

3. Pugpuppydude macrumors regular

I doubt that they will actually "release" the new iPods on the ninth. From what i've heard, that is just when they are announcing the arrival of their new products but the actual release could be up to two weeks after Tuesday, leaving time for the stores to stock up on the new products and for the back to school promotion to end. That's my opinion.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

You would have to run it through their online serial checker and human hands before it gets approved. I doubt you would get a fresh off the line model. The promotions are notorious for selling out hardware for just that reason.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

In the details of the current offer which ends September 15, you can see the model numbers that are specifically included in the promotion (which only works with iPod nano and iPod Touch models), so I really doubt they would rewrite the details and all that to include the new model numbers, update their rebate systems, etc. by to only use changes until the 15th.

Plus as has been said I'm sure this is a marketing thing to thin out their stocks of soon to be replaced model numbers. If that were not the case then any iPod would qualify for the promotion, not just nanos and iPod Touches.

Try again when next year's student promotion rolls around! ;)

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If they don't change the name of the new iPods.

7. west.acre macrumors member

I'm looking to buy both an iPod touch and MBP, and it feels only right to wait until the updated versions are released.

I'm a little confused over this "free ipod when you buy a laptop" business. Will it happen? Will it be on refurbished MBPs or iPod touchs only, or the updated ones only? Is it related to the student discount or back to school promotion?

I guess answers aren't 100%, but I've only recently become interested in macs so I'm unsure of the history. In the store today they said Apple have never done a BTS promotion in the UK (I am UK, and not interested in ordering from US)...so that's unlikely to change. Is this true?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

BTW in the event they do announce it on the 9th, it will be one of those, we'll ship in 2 weeks or something like that probably, so any student promotions will clear out the old stock. Of course that doesn't stop anyone from getting the rebate and returning the iPod for store credit.

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but do you think that you could get a rebate and then turn around and return the iPod to the store for credit?? According to the terms of the promotion that would not work...