Students discount online!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ApoorvPrem, May 30, 2015.

1. ApoorvPrem macrumors regular

ApoorvPrem

Can we use students discount on online orders? If yes then how? I am ordering it for the first time. Thanks!

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

If your a student at the very bottom of the apple store page choose the option for Education. This will load up the education store. Please be sure to have a student ID or Report card that you can take a picture of as apple may audit your order and request you send them confirmation of your enrollment.

3. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

You can use also a double discount (edu + refurbished), if you go to:
    Apple Online Store -> Edu Offers -> Refurbished Products Store

For example:
    http://store.apple.com/ie-edu/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro
    (Ireland)

@Cuniac:
    Good advice, thanks! :)

4. Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

Here in Norway you don't have to verify that you're a student.
    At least not as far as I know.
    A colleague of mine, who has a daughter who's a student, ordered an iMac with the discount. He was not asked for proof.
    I just ordered a Macbook Pro with the discount, I was not asked to verify that I am indeed a student at any point during or after making the order.
    -for the record I am registered as a student with a Norwegian University; taking a course for work.

However I was considering ordering my new Mac with a delayed payment plan, I called Apple to ask how that would work and they said that I would get 48 hours to e-mail them proof of my enrollment at an authorized university.

So I'm a little interested in how it actually works.
    Because it seems like it just works on the assumption that customers are honest people who only shop with the discount if they know they're entitled to it.
    Maybe Apple do random sample test? -every now and then they select someone who's shopping with the discount and ask them to prove they're entitled to it?

5. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

It's an "open secret" that Apple goes on the honor system for student discounts. I have never heard of anyone being audited or suffering any negative consequences for claiming it even if they aren't a student or educator.

At the Apple Store in person all they did was ask for an ID (student or teacher) and they glanced at it and granted it. They didn't enter anything into the system. So it seems they're fairly generous with it.