Study: Youth now have more mental health issues

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mscriv, Jan 12, 2010.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

LINK to full article.

Although the MMPI is a debated clinical test,this is a very interesting article. I'm not sure where to begin and don't want to influence how others respond so I'll just put this out there for discussion. :)

2. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I blame it on the mixed messages we (parents) and the media bombard them each day. Back in the day, the we only received one message. That gave us focus and kept us sane.:p

Nowadays we get a lot of double talk.:rolleyes: Is it any wonder kids are cuckoo for cocoa puffs?

Attached Files:

3. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Mixed messages was actually the original hypothesized cause of Schizophrenia. Early systems theorists believed that consistently inconsistent messages given by the primary caregiver would lead to confusion about reality, poor social interaction skills, and psychosis. Although we still don't fully understand Schizophrenia today we now know that there are more organic causes and that this original theory is off target.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Quote from the article:

Do you think? DUH!!! And the parents are the root cause of that! Them wanting to be young for ever, and teaching their kids the same... Big fancy cars, big fancy homes, big fancy jobs, big fancy memberships to clubs, gyms, and the such. Instead of staying more focused on the home and the children.