Stuff Siri says (that you didn't expect)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by f00f, Oct 20, 2011.

1. f00f macrumors 65816

Gotta love messing with Siri.

me: "Take me to your leader"
    Siri: "But... aren't you my leader?"

That was cute and made sense. So I followed that up with a variation. And um, yeah. I'm no where near Poland. :confused:

[​IMG]

Got any nonsensical Siri responses of your own?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. f00f thread starter macrumors 65816

4. oshia86 macrumors regular

Better than the village idiot.

I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

5. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I asked Siri why so many members of the MacRumors forum have bad attitudes, but she just told me she couldn't help me right now. :(

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Siri is cool. I look forward to having it when I get my iPhone 5 sometime in 2012.

But some of this stuff is so unbearably CUTE it makes my teeth ache. :eek: :D

7. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Well sorry. I though that if you put that there more people would see it and you could see others findings :(

8. f00f thread starter macrumors 65816

No problem, I appreciate the suggestion. I would have posted there if this were an easter egg but it actually isn't: it's just an example of Siri screwing up and giving an unexpected response because of a misinterpretation of what was being said to her.

The phrase "Take me to <destination>" tells Siri to find directions from where you currently are to <destination>. For example, "Take me to New York City" will cause her to show you a map with a route from your current location to NYC (assuming of course the user is in the US). From my first post, Siri thought "your master" was the <destination>, and somehow she translated that to some place in Poland -- for which she cannot display any maps and hence her response. I of course was not looking for maps in Poland -- I was in fact trying to elicit an easter-egg type of response, as in the "Take me to your leader" example.

Sorry for the uh, confusion, I guess. ;)