Stuff Under MBP screen..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by warstomp, Feb 3, 2010.

1. warstomp macrumors member

So i have been playing games through Windows 7 on my MBP with bootcamp and when i do i ususally hook it up to an external display and then tilt the mbp screen down so it doesnt really get in the way. Now recently ive noticed that because of the heat emitted from the MBP during play times the plastic cover thing that protects the screen started coming off on the bottom which to me was just an annoyance but nothing huge so i let it go

Then today i notice that some debri has gotten underneath this plastic covering and i have no clue how to get it off. Its nothing huge its just a major annoyance and i dont know if i can deal with it.

BTW im still under warranty but im hoping i can find a solution where i dont have to go and get it checked out

Btwbtw to prevent further happenings ive invested in a external keyboard haha

2. prodigee macrumors 6502a

If it bothers you take it to Apple, I mean that really shouldnt be happening anyway, so they should just replace it unless they find physical damage. But they should replace it, and really its the best way to solve your problem because it obviously won't void your warranty if Apple does it. But if you do it there is a good chance that you could void your warranty.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes take it to Apple.

You should be able to use the MBP with the lid closed, along with an external monitor and keyboard, without any fear of damage.