Stuff won't open at login

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sambo110, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

What the title says. A couple of days ago things just stopped opening at login. Any ideas? And yes I have repaired disk permissions.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What Mac OS X and what Mac are you using, and what items specifically don't open?

Have you taken a look at login items under System Preferences > Accounts?

3. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

They weren't ticked in accounts, thanks. But two things are, not sure what they do. iTunesHelper and iAntiVirus? I have never downloaded an anti virus, so what is it? And what does iTunesHelper do.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok, thanks. What is Raptr and Smart Reporter? They both show icons of a blank page, so I assume they aren't there, so should I just get rid of them from the list?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you Google the name of any process or app, you'll find information about them.

7. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Is "Stuff" the name of an application or just the general use of the word stuff?

Also if an application or item is not checked in the Login Items window, it does only mean, that it does not automatically hide.

[​IMG]

Just by being in that list, an application or item is automatically started.

Have you tried, creating another user account and seen if the problem still exists?

stuff |stəf|
    noun
    1 matter, material, articles, or activities of a specified or indeterminate kind that are being referred to, indicated, or implied : a pickup truck picked the stuff up | a girl who's good at the technical stuff.
    • a person's belongings, equipment, or baggage : he took his stuff and went.
    • Brit., informal dated worthless or foolish ideas, speech, or writing; rubbish : [as exclam. ] stuff and nonsense !
    • informal drink or drugs.
    • ( one's stuff) things in which one is knowledgeable and experienced; one's area of expertise : he knows his stuff and can really write.
    2 the basic constituents or characteristics of something or someone : Healey was made of sterner stuff | such a trip was the stuff of his dreams.
    3 Brit., dated woolen fabric, esp. as distinct from silk, cotton, and linen : [as adj. ] her dark stuff gown.
    4 (in sports) spin given to a ball to make it vary its course.
    • Baseball a pitcher’s ability to produce such spin or control the speed of delivery of a pitch.

9. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Stuff being Adium, Mail, iFire. I'm pretty sure it doesn't auto open on my mums account either as she mentioned it a few days ago.

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Are you able to create a new account to see if it is linked to your and your Mum's account settings, or if it seems to be a general problem?

To quote myself again:

11. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Right, I missed that. A 2008 (I think) iMac running 10.6.2.

Bump, any ideas? Getting kinda annoying.