Stuffit Expander and Zip/RAR files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hugh, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Is there a way to keep Stuffit Expander from unziping files? Also I would like it to stop trying to for RAR files as well.

I have gone in the Preferences of Stuffit Expander, but it will not let me change what opens what? All I do is click on the button what on what I want to use to open the file(s) it just sits there.

Should I just uninsall Stuffit, or is there a drive I can get these too to stop opening in StuffIt Expander.

Huge

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

dont use stuffit. is the plague. seriously. installs all sorts of hidden crap all over your computer. use its uninstaller and remove it.

download "the unarchiver" its much better! handles everything youll ever need like sit & sitx (stuffit), rar, 7-zip, ace, amiga etc. the only small problem is by default it handles all the archives that bomarchivehelper (OS X's default archive helper). so if you still want to use bomarchivehelper then only tick these file types:

[​IMG]

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

When you go to Stuffit prefs there is check box under "expansion" called automatically expand... uncheck that box.

It does the trick for me.

4. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid