Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Is there a way to keep Stuffit Expander from unziping files? Also I would like it to stop trying to for RAR files as well.

I have gone in the Preferences of Stuffit Expander, but it will not let me change what opens what? All I do is click on the button what on what I want to use to open the file(s) it just sits there.

Should I just uninsall Stuffit, or is there a drive I can get these too to stop opening in StuffIt Expander.

Huge

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
dont use stuffit. is the plague. seriously. installs all sorts of hidden crap all over your computer. use its uninstaller and remove it.

download "the unarchiver" its much better! handles everything youll ever need like sit & sitx (stuffit), rar, 7-zip, ace, amiga etc. the only small problem is by default it handles all the archives that bomarchivehelper (OS X's default archive helper). so if you still want to use bomarchivehelper then only tick these file types:

1575488374_a47b61be36.jpg

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
When you go to Stuffit prefs there is check box under "expansion" called automatically expand... uncheck that box.

It does the trick for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.