Stuffit expander problem

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by aris95, May 13, 2015.

1. aris95 macrumors newbie

Hello i have one LC II with System 7.5.3 running on it. The problem is that after expanding a .sit archive with Stuffit Expander the resulting "installer file" is not recognized as a installer file, operating system does not know what to do with it ("Progam not installed to handle the file"). I suppose i have deleted something that operating system needs but reinstalling System 7.1 + upgrade to System 7.5.3 did not help so is the next step start from the beginning with empty hard drive?

2. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

What is the .sit archive, exactly? What program is it supposed to contain? And are you sure 7.5.3 is capable of running it (seems like it's not)?

3. aris95 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

some possibilities

if it was downloaded to and from a windows machine it will lose its mac resource fork. Might have to download it from basilisk if thats what your using as to not lose the resource fork.

5. aris95, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

aris95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello i have used the "Resedit" program to return back the resource forks. I have transfered the files with the hand-shaking mac modem cable+ standard null modem cable + serial to usb cable -combination with my other old macs without any problems.

I remember i had first System 7.1 on it with the PC Exchange installed afterwards (The LC II was untouched almost ten years). What might have happen is that i deleted those PC Exhange files and now the operating system is confused :) But reinstalling did not help. (I supposed 7.5.3 update could fix that).

6. aris95, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

aris95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello again, it seems that 1.2.1 version of Techtool is not 68k version (probably PPC version) or at least not compatible with LC II

downloaded older 1.1.9 version and no problems

I found some weird problem with Print to PDF 2.4.4.sit file: Unstuffing the .sit file does not show the unstuffed files at default symbolic view at all i had to change the view to " View by alphabet" or something

P.S. want to see a picture of mac "BOMB"? Go to http://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/PrintToPDF-2.4.4.sit (error 404 not found)