StumbleUpon for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgerman, Jul 3, 2008.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

I love to Stumble at the mo both websites and you tube.

Can you do it on the iphone?

2. animenick65 macrumors 6502

3. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, I spend so much time stumbling...:D

FYI, if youve not installed this tool bar in your browser its a great way of getting really good sites or you tube clips in any catagory that you like as recommended by other stumblers. Basically its easy surfin

www.stumbleupon.com

4. elbirth macrumors 65816

this would actually be a really cool app for the iPhone, but I think it would need tweaking a bit. Part of the greatness of StumbleUpon is that the pages load quickly on your computer and you can see whether or not you like it, then quickly stumble to a new page, and keep going. The iPhone's browser will be much slower (even on WiFi it's dramatically slower than my computer's browser, and on Edge or 3G it will be slower still) It would suck to waste a lot of time stumbling to a new site, only to find out that it sucks and you just used up battery life and time. Instead, maybe they could make a dynamic page that could give a list of sites in your given category and you could choose what sites you wanted to try out from that. Maybe even having a screenshot of the front page of each site load to show what it would look like.
    Just an idea at least

5. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Another problem is stumbling upon videos and codecs that dont work on the iPhone.

6. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep that makes sense. Deadline for launch apps is the 7th 12pm, lets get on it. ;)

7. petervespa macrumors newbie

Stumbleupon.com works fine on the iphone browser (unless you use opera). Every 3rd stumble or so uses flash and youve got to stumble again but the internet speed is fine. As for a way to view a list of sites that may be of interest to you to help with the speed issue... Its called digg. Which has an app i believe and is also a great way to kill time on your phone.

8. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks!

Two years later not much changed!

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

There is actually a stumbleupon app......but just stick to using it within your browser.