Stumped using Yahoo Mail on iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aspen, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Aspen macrumors member

I have a new iMac with Snow Leopard and do not have the following problem with my MBP using Leopard nor have I been able to duplicate this problem on new iMacs at the Apple Store.

Normally on other computers, the Yahoo Mail email header is at the top of the screen, the view pane is at the bottom of the screen and when I double click the email header, the entire email fills the screen in a new tab. On this new iMac, double clicking the header does nothing; the email stays split on the screen with the header at the top and view pane at the bottom and no new tab.

I've tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and the problem is unique to this iMac. Any suggestions? Is there a preference that I'm missing?

Thank you.

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

You know, you could always use the Mail app on the Mac for Yahoo! mail. It's a lot easier to access Mail on your desktop versus on the internet.
    Just a suggestion, of course.

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

4. mac2x macrumors 65816

True, but I get tons of junk mail on my yahoo account, and I'd just as soon leave it on Yahoo's servers. :D

5. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

Use Gmail? I gave up using Yahoo Mail about 7 years ago but still occasionally want to search it. See this for how to read Yahoo Mail in GMail: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090412064618AA4EFrL

Yahoo & their $@#*&^ chat feature that always just spams. Really don't care for their UI at all.

Maybe you can switch back to the "classic" UI or whatever it is they offer?

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Unless he is paying for Yahoo Mail Plus, this won't work.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

This only works if you pay extra for Yahoo Mail Plus.

8. Aspen thread starter macrumors member

Hotmail also

The above issue with Yahoo mail also effects Hotmail in the same manner as I found out today.

This would suggest the issue is something in the Mac settings.