Stupid apple management!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoGySerbia, Oct 9, 2012.

1. RoGySerbia macrumors newbie

Today I went in few Apple Stores ( in Manhattan ) to see if there is any unit left... I WAS LOOKING FOR VERIZON UNLOCKED iPhone 5...
    In Prince Street they've told me that they don't have it and that they don't know when they gonna get it... At Grand Central they've told me that they have stopped selling ATT and VERIZON versions off the contract because a lot of people are having a problems with their phones... They've told me that soon ( 1-4 weeks ) they gonna get OFFICIALLY UNLOCKED iPhone 5's...
    After that I wen't to 67th Street and they've told me that I should call them soon and ask if they are having VERIZON or ATT unlocked iPhone 5's...

That's where I've stopped searching...

How come that all of those 3 stores are telling me a different things? How and who is managing NYC ( Manhattan ) stores...?

They are looking now like a bad restaurant ( with not informed staff )...

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Lol, I went to an Apple Store here in Dallas and when I tried to inform a customer that all Verizon phones are unlocked (she needed one before she left for a business trip, so ASAP), the genius interrupted me, called me severely misinformed, and told me that unlocking phones voids your warranty. Needless to say after he went on his little spiel the lady turned back to me and asked for further help. Idiots, genius really is such a relative term in that store sometimes..

3. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Apple hasn't announced they will sell the factory unlocked iPhone 5 ... Yes they will but haven't said they would or when so an Apple store employee shouldn't have told you they were going to in a few weeks because the truth is they don't know that.

And you can thank all the resellers sending the iPhone 5 to Asia for them not wanting to sell "device only" unlocked iPhone 5's in NYC.

4. RoGySerbia thread starter macrumors newbie

Some of them at Apple Stores are an opposite of "GENIUSES" ...:apple:
    Yeah... it's all relative... :cool:

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

He was SO angry haha. I was like .. all of Verizon's phones are unlocked, I promise and I would bet anything on it. He was like "I personally tried to unlock a Verizon one and had no success upon multiple tries."

What are these people smoking? I understand most customers that walk into the Apple Store don't know as much as, say, most forum users here, but you can't just assume each one is clueless.. idiots..

6. RoGySerbia, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012

RoGySerbia thread starter macrumors newbie

I know... I'm seeing a lot of Asian people waiting in the lines. :confused:

That's why sometimes is better not to waste your time with "GENIUSES" :) and just ask for a manager... LIKE A BOSS! :D:cool: