Stupid Bootcamp Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wawanarchist, Jan 11, 2009.

1. wawanarchist macrumors regular

I just set up bootcamp on my iMac and windows is working great. The only problem is I cannot get back into OSX. I left my apple keyboard at home, and am now using a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse. When I boot up my computer, I hold down the windows key 'option' when the grey screen comes up, but the options of what to boot never comes up. What am I doing wrong? And if its because I need the apple keyboard, is there any workaround? I'll be stick in windows for weeks if thats the issue.

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Most wireless keyboards are not initialized and working early enough in the boot process to make the Option key work unfortunately.

All is not lost though, as when you are in Windows you can click the Boot Camp icon in the (gee can you tell I don't know my Windows terminology) tray at the bottom right of the screen which will let you redefine the startup disk (as the Startup Disk preference pane will allow you change to the Windows disk to in the Mac System Preferences) to be your Mac drive. Changing that and restarting should boot you directly back into OSX and that will get you squared away.

3. wawanarchist thread starter macrumors regular

I can't seem to find that icon. Could it be because I'm running windoes 7 on it?

Here is whats in the bottom right tray:
    [​IMG]

Did I need to install something from the leopard disk? I left that at home too

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The bootcamp assistant or starup disk is in the control panel as well.

5. wawanarchist thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing of the sort in the control panel either

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You did install the drivers from the Leopard disk, right?

7. wawanarchist thread starter macrumors regular

No, I was in a rush this morning while packing and left my keyboard, mouse, and install disk at home... This is a mess now. I'm stuck on windows and need to get to my work on osx No one else has a mac, and I'm stuck

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Google is my friend.

Try holding x on boot to force loading OS X.

9. wawanarchist thread starter macrumors regular

Already tried that, and all the basic key commands... this goddamn keyboard wont do anything