Stupid Dust...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Link2999, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

So I was cleaning off my new Macbook Pro (a month old) the other day and noticed one spot wouldn't clean, I figured it may have been something stuck on there so I tried a little harder with no luck. I must of missed it, but there's a little piece of white dust (about 1px or so in size) behind the glass :( . I'm going to try to ignore it, but it's a little hard when you're as OCD about your electronics as I am, whenever I turn on my Mac it seems that my eyes drift over there. It isn't even that bad in my opinion, when I sit at a normal distance it's nearly unnoticeable, it's only when I look for it that I can see it.

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

This is why I hate the glass/glossy macbook pros. Not only the reflections but the dust can get behind the glass.

I remember on 2 of my previous generation glossy macbook pros, small specks of dust can be found, which I found annoying.

3. vbman213 macrumors 6502

I have the exact same issue. It is one spot, about the size of one pixel. It looks just like dust, except it will not clean off!

I can only see it if I'm looking for it. I noticed it today when I was sitting under a lamp...

I'm going to ignore it and move on. I'm OCD about my stuff too btw.

It is the only issue I have with my screen. I have no "dead" pixels, no backlight problems, etc. I'm not going to get a replacement because of it this, so I'm going to move on.