>:(, stupid folder won't delete on my time capsule!!! (PROBLEM FIXED :D:D)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bluedoggiant, Mar 16, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

So I just got the 1TB time capsule, I'm using 2 macs with it, and a 3rd mac will just be used to put stuff on it, so 2 macs using time machine with it (MB and MBP), and my iMac will be using a folder in it for extra storage.

Now, I have created folder on the time capsule using the macbook, everything was fine, until i went to my imac (the computer im gonna use it for extra storage), and locked the folder.

Here's the catch, the folder locks, and unlocks whenever the god damn thing feels like:mad::mad:

So its lock, i go into "get info", and i deselect the locked box, .5 seconds later, the thing locks it up by itself, and if i get it unlocked if i just CLICK on the folder, it locks up, or the lock will appear, then disappear. i restarted the time capsule, no hope.

Basically, I have this folder on my time capsule, that is beyond deleted capability, that i locked, and now whenever i TRY to unlock it, it relocks, and plays stupid folder games.

Anyone have ideas?

EDI: and whenever I delete it says I don't have sufficient privileges, i went down to the macbook and tried to delete it from there, unsufficient privileges. the macbook pro is innocent :p, its just there doing its initial backup untouched.

2. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

F*** YES!!!!!

So I downloaded this awesome app called tinkertool and enabled hidden files, and i have no idea how i did it, i then used hide folders to hide that folder ive been trying to delete while tinkertool was showing hidden files, i then wanted to recreate a folder with the same nake, so i tried renaming it, AND IT WORKED!!!:D:D:D:D then i said, if it worked, why not just delete it!!! IT WORKED AGAIN!!!

god bless tinkertool, hide folders, and a thread at some other site that i got the tinkertool from, and my googling ability to find hide folders. im so god damn happy

thank everyone!! even though nobody helped.:rolleyes: you were there in some way:p:p

3. sirdir macrumors regular

sirdir