Stupid Freakin' Youtube

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattGTO, Jul 30, 2008.

1. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

Hey guys...I am a musician and have a Youtube account. I recently received a spam email and it was addressed to my user name. This means that Youtube gave away my email or it was taken from them somehow. So I recorded a song, and here are the lyrics:

Youtube
    Gave away my email
    Thanks to
    Youtube
    I now Get Spam

Its a 15 second song and I photoshopped a background to go with it. It is the standard Youtube logo, but instead of "Broadcast Yourself", it is "Loves Spam".

Well, i uploaded two videos last night, one 4 minute one and this 15 second one (its actually 23 seconds because I wanted to make it sound funny and just started jamming on the guitar, but the core song is 15 seconds). The 4 minute one was completely uploaded about 90 minutes from when the upload started, processed and everything. But the Youtube Spam one isn't even processed yet! They are blocking this video!!!

But that's not all. Whenever I try to watch a video, it says "Video not Available". Though I can watch them through account home pages and videos from users that I have subscribed to. Is Youtube doing something to me because I uploaded that song?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I very much doubt the staff at youtube have the man power to sit and look at the videos that are being uploaded, it's probably just a simple server error...

Just so you know, youtube most probably didn't give away your email/username, if your not fully paying attention it's very easy for you to give away your email/account details through those phishing sites...

Also, just in the off chance youtube did spot your video, they may be withholding it because you've altered a image that belongs to them (the youtube logo)

Just my analysis...

3. MattGTO thread starter macrumors regular

MattGTO

I thought of that, but why would they waste their time removing this because of an image when they could be using it more wisely and removing copyrighted TV shows or songs so that they don't get sued? IE. The Viacom Scandal.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Last time I checked, they have, search for any family guy material and you'll notice its now just screenshots and the audio, not video...