Stupid internet explorer not working...

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
1,518
0
Whenever i try and open internet explorer, it just freezes up right away. It wont even load the home page. Can anyone help? :confused:
 

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,962
0
are you using IE on a Mac or PC? does Firefox freeze up too? what's your homepage?
 

Macanadian

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2006
52
0
BC
CaptainCaveMann said:
Whenever i try and open internet explorer, it just freezes up right away. It wont even load the home page. Can anyone help? :confused:
I take it for granted you are using a Mac.

Have you tried to deleting Explorer folder in the preferences?

On your harddrive under:

users -> {Your username} -> library -> Preferences -> Explorer
 

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
4,867
6
Illinois
CaptainCaveMann said:
Whenever i try and open internet explorer, it just freezes up right away. It wont even load the home page. Can anyone help? :confused:
Internet Explorer hasn't been updated since 2001. According to Microsoft's web site, you should be using Safari.

Macanadian said:
I take it for granted you are using a Mac.

Have you tried to deleting Explorer folder in the preferences?

On your harddrive under:

users -> {Your username} -> library -> Preferences -> Explorer
A much better option would be to stop using Internet Explorer, deleting it from your hard drive, and never mentioning IE for Mac ever again.
 

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
1,518
0
dpaanlka said:
Internet Explorer hasn't been updated since 2001. According to Microsoft's web site, you should be using Safari.



A much better option would be to stop using Internet Explorer, deleting it from your hard drive, and never mentioning IE for Mac ever again.
Haha ok well how to i delete it from my HD?
 

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
2,589
1,142
haha.....well, it still works for me! not that I use it very often, but there's a site I have to go to for some work scheduling that ONLY works with IE so I keep it around for that.

Seems to me that a while ago, a number of people were reporting that IE was freezing up on them. It turned out to be some problem with the default home page that microsoft had set up and had recently updated. IIRC what you had to do was stop the home page from loading or it would freeze. Then you had to change your home page to something other than whatever the microsoft default page was
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,961
364
CaptainCaveMann said:
Haha ok well how to i delete it from my HD?
Drag it to the trash, then empty the trash.

Why on earth were you using IE to begin with?