stupid iphone battery, help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ram015, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ram015 macrumors newbie

ok so my 3gs is overheating, slow charging on wall charge, shows that its charging on pc but it doesnt charge, and a very short battery life, iv done a hard reset my iphone, restored my phone, but nothn, i have no emails and only whatsapp on it

2. DESNOS macrumors 6502

I find that a good education is a good way to make a stupid iPhone battery smarter. Now that that joke's out of the way, how old is the iPhone? Batteries do die after awhile, and they can occasionally die earlier than usual depending on how you use it.

3. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

its like 2 years old, but it suddenly did this ! never had issues with it before

4. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Batteries generally shouldn't die after two years, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Is the iPhone still under warranty? In other words, do you have Applecare?

5. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. DESNOS macrumors 6502

I suppose your only hope is to either get someone to replace the battery for you, or get a new iPhone. I'd wait till the iPhone 5 is out though. It should be pretty soon.

7. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so i got it fixed, by risking it all :D
    i opened the iphone and found out that the rubber thing or whatever that is, the one that has the number 4 on it, ok so only the metal thing is there, so i unplugged the number 4 connector then plugged it in again, and i placed some tape on it and made it thicker, and now its working again normally, i can recharge it from my pc again, and its not getting overheated :D

so for everyone who is countering such problem, if u have the guts and crazy enough u can do what i did :D