Stupid iPhone broke

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xenotaku, Aug 26, 2008.

1. xenotaku macrumors regular

The goddamn silence button right above the volume broke off today. Looks like a shoddy glue job. Now I can't switch from silenced to ringer without a paperclip or pentip. This crap is getting ridiculous. Now, if only I could get into my contacts without the list taking 3 seconds to load everytime........

I love Apple, but HATE the iPhone (or at least its problems)

I doubt its even worth the gas money asking for a replacement. I haven't even paid my first bill and the damn thing is falling apart.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

3. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

Closest Apple store is 2.5 hours from me :(

Why can't things just be built correctly the first time around anymore?

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Take it in and get an exchange, and if you are really worried about gas costs, then give Apple a call and see if the exchange could be done by mail. Your issue seems to be a manufacturing problem, so I do not think that you have all that much to worry about.

And as to the contact delay, that is something that could be fixed with a software update/bug patch, so don't worry about that all that much, and it is not like you can't access them at all, it just takes a second or two to load.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i know, why use glue for that piece seriously?

you could try and superglue it back on very carefully

6. xenotaku thread starter macrumors regular

^^ I thought about it, but then I thought more about it and realized one small shake of the hands and my phone will permanently be in one position....and possibly be warranty voided.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

true, maybe there is an app that can do the same thing software wise. or is there already?

8. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Because the workers are to busy taking pictures trying to get on mac rumors.