iPod Stupid iPod interface question...

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
4,355
1
Is there a way to shuffle a playlist while you are playing a song in it? I mean a combonation of buttons you can hit that will put you into a shuffle mode while you are in the Now Playing screen without having to go all the way back to the main menu?

This is probably really obvious or not possible and I'm the only one who wants to do something stupid like this, but I figured I'd ask anyways. :)
 

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
836
0
toronto canada
you mean sort of like the ipod shuffle does things? yea i would love that too. i donn't think you can do anything like that with the current ipod, but i hope to see something like it in a later revision
 
Comment

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
4,355
1
biohazard_6969 said:
you mean sort of like the ipod shuffle does things? yea i would love that too. i donn't think you can do anything like that with the current ipod, but i hope to see something like it in a later revision
Ya something like that... I figured I could press the select button to scroll through the different sub menus (there is the main/volume menu, the position jog menu, and the rating menu) but that didn't work... would be nice if I could hit it one more time to get a standard/repeat/shuffle/shuffle and repeat option that's selectable with the scroll wheel

Hope they put it in a firmware update someday.
 
Comment

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
1,268
1
well if you originally pressed shuffle, you can press really hard on the selector button and it actually double clicks you you can go back and select shuffle songs again. do it all the time
 
Comment

TheT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
485
0
Germany
mikeyredk said:
well if you originally pressed shuffle, you can press really hard on the selector button and it actually double clicks you you can go back and select shuffle songs again. do it all the time
Ehm, what :confused:

Anyways, I'd like to have that feature, too :)
 
Comment

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
4,355
1
wwooden said:
Make sure you submit that as feedback to Apple. They will never know unless you tell them :).
I submitted it to Apple. Who knows if they will do anything about it... would be nice though!
 
Comment

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
1,268
1
from the front menu screen scroll down to shuffle songs than use the middle button (if you have a click wheel iPod) to select shuffling capabilities if you want to reshuffle just click the select/center button until u hear a second click
 
Comment

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
4,355
1
mikeyredk said:
from the front menu screen scroll down to shuffle songs than use the middle button (if you have a click wheel iPod) to select shuffling capabilities if you want to reshuffle just click the select/center button until u hear a second click
Doesn't work on my mini. Plus that requires you are shuffling all the music on the iPod, so you can't just shuffle a playlist or all the tracks from a single artist etc. :(
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.