Stupid, irritating iTunes bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacFrag, Aug 26, 2015.

1. MacFrag macrumors member

MacFrag

OS X 10.10.5
    iTunes 12.2.2.25

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but looks like it.

I have hundreds of albums in my iTunes collection. When I scroll to them to listen to a song, I open the album, click the song that I want to play/hear and leave the iTunes program running while selecting a other window like for example, Safari.

When I want to switch back to the iTunes program to play a other song also from that same album I am listening to and doing that by tapping on the icon on the dock, iTunes closes all albums and starts from the top again. Making me search for that album I was playing. Scrolling through my whole collection weeding through all the album covers, this is crazy.

When I Command - TAB back to iTunes it does the same :confused:

Am I the only one who experience this kind of odd iTunes behaviour?

2. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

Why are you scrolling through your collection? Why not just type the album name in the search box?

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Not much help to you, but I really can't replicate your issue.
    No misbehaving iTunes for me.

4. Partron22, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015

Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

What was the name of that band that did Enter Sandman on Cello? far less the name of the album? Apocalyptica, Amplified: A Decade of Reinventing the Cello. Oh yes, finding that'll take some manual scrolling. How is one to type non-roman characters one barely remembers into a search box: 行街四和4 ?

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes, it's reset to the top, but you can just right click the top banner and select 'Go to Current Song.'

[​IMG]

6. Partron22, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

That used to be shortcutted as ⌘L. I wonder if Keyboard prefs will let you add that back?
    Heck, that shortcut is still there in my copy of iTunes 12.2.25. Why isn't it in yours?

7. MacFrag thread starter macrumors member

MacFrag

@alphaod and @Partron22 thanks! :)

This helps allot getting quickly back to the album you are listening to.

I don't know why this is happening on 2 pro's of mine, both running the same version OS X and iTunes, all I know this should not happen.

The album you are currently listening to should stay open when you switch to another process/window and iTunes should not reset the view, close the album and go back to the top of your albums in iTunes at the moment you switch back.

I have provided :apple: with all the information I have about this.

8. Examinus macrumors member

Yes I have this issue too, and it's very annoying!

9. andreyirra macrumors regular

Mine too. What is worse is that iTunes actually resets the view in front of me without actually doing anything else, just looking at the iTunes window. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.

10. weids macrumors newbie

Just chiming in to say we have the same problem, but wanted to note it only happens on one out of three macs for us and even then sporadically. Clicking on a song in an album plays the song, but iTunes closes the album and jumps to the top (like the poster above, it happens without leaving iTunes).

CMD-L is a great shortcut, but shouldn't be necessary. I'm stumped as to why it only happens on one computer.

Will reset the preference file and see if that helps. Otherwise, looking forward to a solution to this one!

11. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I can't replicate this, but the iTunes Albums view, particularly in these last few versions of iTunes, is pretty laggy and often reloads album artwork as I'm scrolling. There has been a few posts about playlists changing views when switching between apps too, so it's most likely related.

My educated guess is that it has to do with the new dynamic resizing. I just got the beach ball making iTunes smaller.

12. Scerby macrumors newbie

Hi, I have the same problem as MacFrag.. but I have also another problem with newer versions of iTunes.

Since 12.2 iTunes update I have issue with my music library during playing music.
    If I start to play some song from my library, artist name of next albums in library temporary disappears.

All music is tagged right and with previous versions of iTunes I did not have this problem.

I attach link for screens of this issue and highlight it with red color: http://postimg.org/gallery/2eo11ehmw/

iTunes 12.2.2 - Yosemite 10.10.5

13. Tech198 macrumors G4

Seems to be ok for me to :)

I have 6,000 songs.. about 400 albums