stupid iTunes sync services error

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jwflutterby, Sep 12, 2013.

1. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I'm trying to get to iOS7 but wanted a good backup first... Made the mistake of downloading/installing newest iTunes beta first and now I cannot get iTunes to backup my phone :mad:

Been Googling since last night and have tried every combination of deleting files from different library folders then the trash, uninstalling iTunes, restarting everything, even tried re-installing latest non-Beta iTunes and still get frakking "iTunes was unable to load data class from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later". I am ready to throw my MB at the wall! I have never had this much trouble with Apple, that was why I switched in the first place!

Any new suggestions??

2. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Probably only thing you can do is do make an iCloud backup - and then restore fresh

3. jwflutterby thread starter macrumors regular

This was the main set of instructions I followed FWIW

FROM: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1747?viewlocale=en_US
    Disconnect your device from your Mac.
    In the Finder, locate iTunes in the Applications folder and drag it to the Trash.
    Move the iTunes icon to the Trash.
    Choose Go > Go to Folder.
    Enter /System/Library/Extensions and click Go.
    Locate the file AppleMobileDevice.kext and drag it to the Trash.
    Choose Go > Go to Folder.
    Enter /Library/Receipts/ and click Go.
    Locate the file AppleMobileDeviceSupport.pkg and drag it to the Trash. If prompted, authenticate with the administrator password.
    Note: This file may not be present in Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard; skip to the next step if this is the case.
    Restart the computer.
    Choose Finder > Empty Trash and restart the computer.
    Download and install the current version of iTunes.
    Connect your device to the Mac again and open iTunes

----------

Too much to backup to iCloud, my 32 Gb iPhone 5 has less than 1 Gb free. And I don't have a good backup on my Mac. I don't backup often so my last one was from June, don't want to lose everything between then and now...

At this point I don't care as much about trying to get to iOS 7 as I do about getting a good backup :( But I do want to get to iOS 7 if i can get a good backup...

4. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

iCloud is your friend. Pony up the few extra bucks to get more storage.

Oh and use Image Capture on your Mac to take all the pictures off your phone. Then you probably won't need that much iCloud space.

5. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Use https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35334/detune to get your music and photos off the phone - and then do an iCloud backup.