stupid jailbreak question ..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iB4STiD, Oct 22, 2010.

1. iB4STiD macrumors newbie

im using limera1n to jailbreak my iphone 4, my question is do i really have to install cydia? the only reason i want root access is to manually change certain ios default app icons and get rid of the default ringtones. So if i just use limera1n with out installing cydia would that mess up anything with the phone ?

thanks all !!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It wont mess anything up, but you'll need it to install SSH. Do you have a reason not to install it?

3. iB4STiD thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont really have any need for any jailbreak apps anymore after 4.1, dont get me wrong theres tons of useful apps with cydia, i just dont need them, tho i did forget i would need either ssh and or afc2add to use iphone browser.

and i guess i just worry about adding extra files with cydia that might cause conflicts.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

just install it w/ cydia, you never know when you might need something from it in the near future.

5. iB4STiD thread starter macrumors newbie

ya your right ... thanks all for your help!!

6. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Yeah, Just install Cydia too, I personally like the iPhone a lot from it's default and only JBed it to unlock it and use it with another Carrier, but after that i started to get a taste of the Jailbreak goodies my MyWi (Turns your iPhone into a WiFi Hotspot) and SBS Settings (A settings menu you can pop up anywhere to turn off stuff like wifi or bluetooth)

Btw, you can do Icon customization without jailbreaking (i don't remember how, but you can) and you can create your own ringtones (exept SMS ones) with free apps and even Garage Band on macs