Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
Well, when I was trying to take out the battery, I accidentally hit the latch back down, and I ripped out the little plastic tab. Does anyone know any high quality glue or something so I can get it back in? I just slid it back in and it seems the heat of the machine has made it already somewhat stay in, but I'm sure it will probably come out again later.. Thanks!

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
I did the same thing right after I got the machine!! :eek::(

I just pushed it back in and took a toothpick to press it against the battery case. A couple weeks ago I pulled the battery out by the tab, and it stayed put no issue, like it had never been ripped loose to start *whew*

Don't use JB Weld. Don't use anything, I wouldn't trust putting any chemical on the outside of a battery case like that.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
I actually accidentally ripped off that little tab from my hard drive when I was taking the back case apart to clean after a spill. I have it placed back in, but it still comes right back off when I yank on it the least little bit. You can still get the battery and/or HD out without that little plastic tab, so I dont really worry about it.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
I actually accidentally ripped off that little tab from my hard drive when I was taking the back case apart to clean after a spill. I have it placed back in, but it still comes right back off when I yank on it the least little bit. You can still get the battery and/or HD out without that little plastic tab, so I dont really worry about it.

Sorry but... thats rather... er.. freaking ?!?!
First a spill then to cure it you rip out a part?!?!:p

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
I just pushed it back in and took a toothpick to press it against the battery case. A couple weeks ago I pulled the battery out by the tab, and it stayed put no issue, like it had never been ripped loose to start *whew*.
good idea with the tooth pick.. Its actually staying in now by its own so I do think heat had something to do with it haha

yea, it doesnt really seem needed. I got it out when the tab came off but it took a bit of coaxing ;) Is you laptop okay after the spill?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.