Stupid mistake on my part!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TorontoLRT, Nov 17, 2010.

1. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

I changed my password hastily today after finding out a classmate had deleted some of my notes. The only problem is that I now forget my password! Is there any way, besides a brute-force attack or restore, to get into the iPod? I can sync with iTunes and everything.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Connect to the computer / itunes which you set up your device.

3. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

^Did you even read my post? It's connected already.

4. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

so you have 1 stolen ipod and a classmate deletes your notes. you must have some enemies:D. and why don't you just do what the other guy said?

5. cmartz8 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Why does everyone on here automatically assume that these are stolen iPods in these situations?? Give the guy a break. If it is a stolen iPod than there isn't much we can do except hope the OP does the right thing and turns it in. Not telling him how to fix it will not make him turn it in.

6. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

i got locked out of my iphone, well not really but the device wanted to treat my computer as a NEW computer and wanted to delete my content off my iphone before syncing.

you didnt say which os you are using but in windows its simple to just view your idevice contains using windows explorer and enable the hidden files and then pull everything off of it. i dont know if that is what you wish to do. if you wish to crack the password on the device? restoring it should work. if you extract all of the contents beforehand, then you can just resync them later. given they arent drm video tied to another account.

7. TorontoLRT thread starter macrumors 6502

None of the methods you suggested worked, so I just restored from a backup.