Stupid Mistake Ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacFly69, Sep 12, 2014.

1. MacFly69 macrumors regular

So all along I wanted a iP6 PLUS, but through the rush to get a order placed...I accidentally order a iP6 that arrives on the 19th.

Whats my best option to get the PLUS?

Option #1 - Cancel the order and just line up on the 19th at my local ATT store? If so, will each store get a shipment of phones available for upgrade? Figured all their phones will be spoken for by pre-orders. Can anyone confirm this?

Option #2 - Wait for the phone to arrive to me on the 19th, then exchange the phone locally for the PLUS. Downside, restocking fee and the longer wait time to get the PLUS.

Option #3 - Cancel the order and just reorder via ATT.com and wait out the 35-41 day shipping quote.

TIA

2. ibcj macrumors member

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it's really on how long you want to wait or if you want to take chances. I'd say leave it as is, wait until it comes in an return it.

4. MacFly69 thread starter macrumors regular

i'm trying to cancel, but i can't even get ATT to do that!lol

If i can't get it cancelled, then this would be my only choice.

5. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

DO NOT cancel the order. Hold onto your phone, and go into a store location once you get the phone and ask if you can cancel the order, and get a 6+. Even if it is after the return by date, they will accommodate you.

6. samg77 macrumors member

Call AT&T Play dumb, tell them you picked the IP+ and it sent a confirmation of a IP regular, and you want to see if the email was a mistake or if the order was wrong. Be polite, and sad, and hopefully you get a nice rep that can help you out. Worth a try.

7. Starrbuck macrumors regular

I would not cancel the order. Just return it and get the Plus.

8. MacFly69 thread starter macrumors regular

As i understand it, i'll get his with a $35 re-stocking fee if i return/exchange a opened box. If unopened, no fee.

got a nice rep, but no help. they weren't able to cancel my order. so i'm stuck to wait for it on the 19th and take it into the store to exchange.

ya, but i'm afraid by that time.....i'll have a 4 month wait for the Plus!lol