Stupid MMS question but.....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skinnylegs, Jun 17, 2009.

1. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I understand that OS 3.0 will allow for MMS but AT&T won't implement MMS until late this summer. Now, this might quite possibly get the stupid question of the day but.....

Will I be able to *receive*, but not send, an MMS message from a non-iPhone once 3.0 is released?

2. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I highly doubt it.

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

No.

The only way around this delayed MMS on AT&T is to get it setup on your plan without them knowing you have an iPhone. Which as far as I'm concerened is a right waste of time.

Just wait? You waited what, 2 years or more since the iPhone came out. Wait a bit longer? lol

4. Cartoonkid macrumors 6502

Cartoonkid

Or you can try Pictfree - http://www.pinger.com/content/home.html

I've never used it myself, but it looks like it might be a good way to go for MMS'ing.

5. skinnylegs thread starter macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

That might be a viable alternative for sending MMS but you still can't receive it.

6. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

In all honesty you would be better off waiting until AT&T officially roll out MMS compat in the summer.
    Failing that, if you really need MMS just get a cheap phone that supports it and have people send you pictures to that number or something. lol