Stupid Mouse Has Gone Insane.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by madsketcher, Apr 21, 2011.

1. madsketcher, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

madsketcher macrumors newbie

Ever since I installed USB Overdrive on my imac last night, my mouse has been clicking randomly whenever I move it. This is making it a REAL pain to do ANYTHING, especially considering that I'm a graphic designer and need a STABLE mouse. This thing just clicks, the scroll button clicks, and the right button clicks... whenever I'm moving it. It's incredibly frustrating and I don't know how to change it. I'm scared to move the mouse over ANY files because it will just drag things randomly or open things that I didn't want it to open. Seriously annoying!

I've uninstalled USB Overdrive - that didn't help. Switching to another USB drive didn't help. And I'm worried that buying a new mouse won't fix it. What do I do? I don't want to have to back up my entire computer and reset it just to fix the damn problem.

I have a 24 inch imac with Intel and the standard wired mouse that comes with it.

2. rtheb macrumors 6502

Did you follow the step by step support at USB Overdrive?

You can disable the USB Overdrive drivers for specific devices and they will revert to the Apple default drivers.

Also try uninstalling and reinstalling.

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

USB Overdrive has caused problems for me in the past. It's actually really great until you want to uninstall it or replace it with something else. Then the "fun" begins. I eventually went with a whole OS wipe, but I didn't have the procedure that rtheb points out.