Stupid move to REPLACE the Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by 01jamcon, Aug 9, 2007.

1. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Who else thinks that Apple would be making a grave mistake to replace the Nano in the near future, with a rumored square touchscreen iPod?

IMHO, the current Nano is one of the very best designs ever by Apple, drawing together stylish, colourful design with durability and desirability. I don't know bout you, but amongst my group of friends (17-18 year olds), those of us who haven't got one yet would still really like one if we had the money lol.

Therefore, I think it would be a bad move for Apple to be replacing the Nano anytime soon (dropping the price and adding more storage/colours would be highly appreciated though), because I sure am still tempted to get one. Here's to hoping they drop the big lump of an iPod they still call their 'flagship model' instead.

2. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

I highly doubt Apple would replace the nano before they replace the full size iPod. And it's called evolution. Change is good.

3. ds252 macrumors regular

I'm with you 01jamcon I think the current design of the nano is amazing but then again apple has only moved up since the first mini came out to now the 2G nano so who knows maybe a change is good.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

how do you know you won't like whatever they release next if you haven't seen or used it?

5. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Remember when the Nano was first introduced?

Jobs said that the iPod Mini was the most successful, most popular MP3 player in the world ......"and today we're replacing it"

Better to change and progress, rather than to stagnate.

6. 01jamcon thread starter macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Of course change is good, and in Apple's business, essential to keep things fresh and new, but my point was that I would much rather see Apple make updates to the full-size iPod first (this September probably), before they make any fundamental changes to the Nano.
    My real point is that the Nano's design has much more life left in it at the moment and for its purpose as an ultra-small portable MUSIC player, I think the form-factor is close to perfect and imo needs only subtle changes and additions. A perfect world scenario for me would be for Apple to keep the Nano in its current design, update the full-size to touchscreen or whatever, and perhaps bring out a mid-line model (the aforementioned square iPod).

7. jakk2809 macrumors member

I am looking forward to a touchscreen nano. With improved flash storage technology just around the corner I wouldn't be surprised if this type of nano came out, but most likely the bigger iPod will get the touchscreen upgrade before the nano. Apple should really push on this multitouch technology, it is so cool!

8. t1937r0 macrumors 6502a

I have no specific attachment to the nano, as long as its replacement supports the Nike+ kit, I'll be happy!

9. asxtb macrumors 6502

I agree. But only because I don't want to replace my nano case.

10. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

all the design off apple are great but they still change them and thats good..

11. swampfox macrumors newbie

I think that a built in fm radio would be the best addition to the nano as I use mine when I work out. (and yeah I know they have a external one but a built in one would be much cooler.):cool: