Stupid problem - Can't restore my drive as one from Boot Camp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jpod89, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jpod89 macrumors member

I re-installed Leopard when I got my iMac in order to rid it of a factory-installed OS (for some reason I live safer knowing it was I who installed it).

However before that, I had messed with Boot Camp and installed Vista on the partition (32GB).

When I re-installed Leopard I (stupidly) accidentally formatted the partition created by Boot Camp. Now when I go into Boot Camp Assistant, it tells me that it cannot remove the partition and put it back to one hard drive (Macintosh HD).

What can I do? Hopefully there is a way to reverse this?

2. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

Do you feel like installing your operating system again? You can format your drive into just one partition (then recreate the second one using bootcamp) using the disk utility in your install DVD. That does have the side-effect of formatting the whole drive, though.

3. jpod89 thread starter macrumors member

No, I don't mind re-formatting. But I tried doing exactly what you said when I first re-installed. How exactly would I go about that?

4. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

In Disk Utility from your install DVD, click on the drive on the left (not one of the partitions, the whole drive) then click the partition tab on the right. From the drop-down menu for Volume Scheme, select one partition. Click apply and watch your data cease to exist. Then install Leopard as usual and you're good to go :cool: