Stupid Question about my display...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tobasco27, Jun 14, 2014.

1. tobasco27 macrumors member

I know there is probably some easy fix, and that I caused this problem by hitting some key or something, but here's my problem that I can't seem to fix.

My display, i.e. a website, is enlarged so that I can't see the toolbar at the bottom nor the top where all the buttons and links for other things are. The only way to get to the top or bottom is to hold the cursor near the top or bottom so that the page will scroll to it. At first I thought it was the resolution, so I went to the control panel and changed to different resolution settings, but nothing seemed to work.

So I'm lost - and then I thought of MacForums and knew that someone who knows more about computers and Macs would hopefully know what my problem is (with the laptop that is!)..

Thanks for any assistance!

----------

ttt to just add instant email notification

2. simsaladimbamba

3. meson macrumors regular

It most likely has to do with the Zoom feature in accessibility. I think the key stroke in Mavericks for zooming is option command - to zoom out and option command = to zoom in.

Additionally, you may be able to do it with option command and your scrolling gesture.

Make sure at least one of these options is enabled in your accessibility preference in System Preferences to be able to fix your issue.

Neither option is enabled on my current machine, but I think it was by default on older machines. My kids would zoom my screen once in a while when I had the laptop out while playing with them. It took a while to figure it out the first time.

4. tobasco27 thread starter macrumors member

YOU DA MAN!! I knew I probably did something and couldn't figure out what so that i could do the opposite. Thanks! Worked perfectly!