Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

readsomething

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2010
Norfolk VA
You mean, the little flap thing?

It's to hold the edge of the cover. You fold the cover back, tuck it under that flap, and you have an angular stand, to give you a better angle for typing.

Becky2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
You mean, the little flap thing?

It's to hold the edge of the cover. You fold the cover back, tuck it under that flap, and you have an angular stand, to give you a better angle for typing.

I knew it was a stupid question. :p i have folded the cover back but it always just stayed in place.

Thank you!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
LOL, it took me a while to figure it out as well.

At first, I thought it was a grip to hold the damn thing by while removing the iPad from the case (nearly impossible).

Boy, is that case a disappointment. Sorry I bought it, cause I will *never* use it. Guess it will go on eBay/Craigslist for some poor sucker to buy, but I'll bet they aren't fetching much.

It's so difficult to insert and remove, and SO ill-fitting even so. What a joke!

Star-fire

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Sometimes I wonder if I have the same apple case, I can take my iPad in and out in seconds and everything fits perfect, holes lime up right, just the out side can get a bit smudgy but a damp cloth and it's good as new.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Sometimes I wonder if I have the same apple case, I can take my iPad in and out in seconds and everything fits perfect, holes lime up right, just the out side can get a bit smudgy but a damp cloth and it's good as new.

Ditto. I couldn't be happier with mine (I do wish it was cheaper, though). It's very well thought out and very well engineered.

peetah

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009

I found that the iPad was easier to slide out over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.