Stupid question alert!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by liam.berlin, May 20, 2015.

1. liam.berlin macrumors regular

liam.berlin

OK, earlier I set up my AirPort Time Capsule, choose to make a new network. And it is working just fine. However, I can still see my original network and that still work just fine too! I didn't want that. How can that be happening?

I have cable broadband.

By the way, I followed online tutorials, even though it was easy, but I got a number 1 in red beside the name of my capsule because Router Mode was set to DHCP and NAT was chosen as default and I was told to set it to Off (Bridge Mode). That is something else I do not understand!

2. liam.berlin thread starter macrumors regular

liam.berlin

OK so I am doing some research myself and it turns out I now have two networks because my ISP has given me a modem and router in one. I guess if I just want the Time Capsule to be the only router I should go with a cable modem, not a cable modem and router, or switch off wireless capabilities of the cable modem. I am looking at getting the Netgear CMD31T (only because it is white and match most of what I have already). Can anyone advise if this is a good idea? Thank you once again!