Stupid Question but how do I see notification details?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Avenger, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Avenger macrumors 6502a

I notice on the iPhone X, when I get a twitter notification, it just says "notification" under the twitter label. If I open up the phone and pull down the notifications from the left top of the screen, the details are there. Can't I see the details without all these steps?

2. TruBleu macrumors regular

Settings > Notifications > Show Previews > Always

I understand it is set to 'When Unlocked' by default

3. MrAperture macrumors regular

MrAperture

I thought the notification previews were previews until you actually looked at the phone and then the phone would show the notifications right then and there instantaneously?

4. TruBleu macrumors regular

Yeah, that's the default behaviour with X. But if you don't like that and would like to see the previews even without unlocking, you can do so with the above settings

5. Avenger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you. That did it.

6. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

I think it’s supposed to show the details when you look at it, isn’t it?

7. A_Flying_Panda macrumors member

Stupid answer. Look longer. Maybe even look closer.
    Really, as soon as it recognizes your face it will show the details automatically

8. tengorazon macrumors member

Right. I actually really like this feature.

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Don't be a douche. With the introduction of the X and ios 11.1 - they removed details unless you turn them back on. This was a sweeping change for security.

10. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

But once the phone unlocks the details show up. No need for the home screen or the notification drawer.

11. MrRugged macrumors member

So I have a problem where my email notifications disappear off the lock screen as soon as FaceID unlocks. It doesn’t do this with any other notifications like text messages. Apple support couldn’t figure this out. Anyone here have any ideas?

12. BrettDS macrumors 65816

I saw this with my iPhone 7+ and I believe it happens when you leave the mail app running when you turn off the phone. If you turn it back on later and unlock it, the mail app is in the foreground (albeit behind the lock screen) and it clears the notifications just like it would when you normally enter the mail app. Try making a point to go back to the home screen before shutting off the phone.