Stupid question, can I move these folders?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by majordude, Jun 13, 2008.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I have an Adobe collection. Can I make a folder called "Adobe" and safely add all these folders to it (without breaking the programs) so that I just have one folder instead of 100 %$#@! icons all over my "Applications" folder?

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes I just did it to be sure. All that happened was the below message popped up, I hit "repair" and all was right in the world tonight. ;)
    Another reason why I seem to like using OSX over Windows. If you move something it somehow knows it was a bad idea and then just repairs itself. Well, aside from ****ing with the home folders...don't do that. ;)

Attached Files:

3. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Thank you, jessica.! I'm off to create a new folder and move all that stuff!

BTW, is there an easy way to change the icon on the new folder, so it isn't the stock blue icon? Maybe something Adobe-ish?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wow I get a thanks and a link back to my profile! Is that like writing my number on the bathroom wall? Wait..sorry, the gatorade has kicked in. Send help or pizza, I'm not fussy.

You know what I just did? I did a right click on the folder I created and did the "get info" thing. I did the same for the PS icon and just clicked once on the PS icon, cmd + c and then clicked once on the folder icon and cmd + v and all was still right in the world. ;) I'd give you my number but I am fresh out of gatorade and have nothing else to offer so I am off to visit the rum+diet.
    It changed....

Attached Files:

5. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

To get props on the bathroom wall, you'd have to do a bit more than change my icon, babe. ;)

I'd send you a pizza but when I went to your "about" page on your homepage it was dead. Same with your sitemap. That can't be good. :confused:

Nothing else to offer? :cool: One person's trash is another person's treasure.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You don't really want to challenge me do you? I've since moved on to the rum, anything is certainly possible. FWIW, I also showed you how to move your applications thereby saving you precious vertical scrolling in your APPS window. So there!

Ummm the fact that the blog is there is progress. Just roll with it. As for the pizza, I took care of that. A peanut butter sandwich seems to suit me well tonight. That and I haven't any idea what the number is to order pizza and I've only ordered it once in 6 months so I fear they've forgotten how quirky I really am about pizza.
    Well, I can take a mean screenshot...that you already know. ;)

7. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Actually, I don't. PM me. :D

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh tisk tisk, of course you know what I mean. ;)

9. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

The collective conscious of MacRumors.com scowl, roll their eyes and say in a most judgmental way, "Get a room you two. Get a room!"

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have two rooms. Four if you count rooms not suitable for entertaining, unless the shower...ok I get it.

11. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Hey! Watcha know.... I'm the first person other than jessica. or majordude to write something here! :D

.....and good idea
    ;)

12. kostia macrumors regular

Just a quick note to say there's a shortcut to this ... you can just highlight (click once on) the Photoshop app and hit ctrl-C, then get info on the folder, click the icon, and paste. Same result, a couple fewer clicks/windows.

13. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

If you still have the install disks, I'd suggest grabbing the icon off that. It's what I use.

Attached Files:

14. ThePalentir macrumors newbie

ThePalentir

This is odd...

I changed the folders to a new folder just like Jessica said and it asked me if I wanted to repair the links like it should. I can repair it fine and use it. But if I close photoshop and re-open it, it asks the same question "Do you want to repair"...

Adobe Illustrator worked though :)

Am I doing something wrong?