Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drtydzn12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Does Apple have that second lifetime warranty thing? Meaning if the Macbook Pro is sold to a second owner, will they have warranty on their product? Or are they screwed? I'm wondering because I'm planning on trading my PC with a friend for a new Penryn Macbook Pro. And I wanna make sure that I'll have my warranty in case anything goes wrong. Any help?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes, the warranty transfers to the new owner. Either of you can contact Apple to have the ownership info updated.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Does Apple have that second lifetime warranty thing? Meaning if the Macbook Pro is sold to a second owner, will they have warranty on their product? Or are they screwed? I'm wondering because I'm planning on trading my PC with a friend for a new Penryn Macbook Pro. And I wanna make sure that I'll have my warranty in case anything goes wrong. Any help?

WildCowboy is correct (as usual!), but I'm not sure what you mean by "second lifetime". If you have a 1 year warranty and sell it after 6 months, the buyer will have 6 months left on the warranty. The clock doesn't start again when you sell it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.