Stupid question (editing Safari bookmarks)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kosinar, May 14, 2010.

1. Kosinar macrumors newbie

I can't help but I have to ask. Sudently I am not able to edit my bookmark bar in safari. I have "Always display bookmark bar" turned ON but I am unable to add or remove bookmark to or from the bar. I turned it on and off few times to see if that will change something but to no avail. Any suggestion?

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Are you clicking on the little "book" picture, then bookmarks bar, then edit? You have to have the bookmarks bar folder open before you click edit.

3. steel magnolia macrumors regular

Not a stupid question, but I'm not sure if I can help. Will try.....do you not have the edit button come up in top right corner?

Patty

4. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

I don't even have an iPad yet, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bookmark bar is essentially just another folder when it comes to editing. So go into the bookmark drop down menu, navigate to the bookmark bar folder and edit.

5. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

6. Kosinar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replies. There is something whacky about my bookmark syncing. Normally when I touched + to add bookmark I had a choice to add it to the bookmarks, home screen or bookmark bar. Then bookmark bar was no longer among the choices. This is what I did to get it back. I hit + and choose to add it to the bookmarks and created new folder "bookmarks bar". After touching done I got message you can not add the bookmark because bookmarks are syncing. After it finished I had about 5 bookmark folders named "history". But bookmark bar was back as one of the choices where to add the bookmark. It does not make much sense.