Stupid Question: How exactly do reservations work?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by metzy25, Apr 7, 2015.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm sure it has been explained quite a few times but how exactly will reservations work? Will there be reservations right away on Friday when pre orders start? Are reservations suppose to be available for pick up on the 24th? I'm just trying to decide if I should pre order or do a reservation. I really want the watch on launch day.

2. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Right now, it appears that reservations AND pre-orders start at 12:01 PST on April 10.

I would imagine that all aluminum watches will be sold out by mid-morning on April 10, with Stainless Steel models selling out sometime in the next few days.(Sold out means shipping on April 24).

I would hope that scheduling a reservation means you get an Apple Watch on April 24, but there is no confirmation. It seems that if you want an Apple Watch Sport, you need to pre-order at 12:01 PST, and within the next few days for a SS.

3. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Awesome thank you. Hopefully we get some type of confirmation.

4. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I want to reserve a Sport Watch. I wish Apple would give us clearer direction about what Friday will look like but I'm not holding my breathe. I would just be ready at 12:01 AM with your credit card just in case. I am going to try to reserve for pickup on the 24th and if that doesn't work then I will go ahead and pre-order for delivery to my home.

5. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

The poll somewhere in the forum is showin stainless steel double the number of people want it ove the aluminum.

----------

Unless you need to try it on, if you want to get it earlier than later I'd try ordering online. 12:01 am pacific time

6. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

What are the thoughts on in store pickup? Are you guaranteed one? In all my years of launches I've only done the ship to me method (except that dang 5s deal).

7. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

If you reserve the watch you will be given a time frame of when you can pick it up. If you miss your window the watch will be put back into regular inventory and most likely sold very quickly

8. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Do you know the historical time frame? Ie, couple hours, days? If I can grab it after work, that would be great.

9. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I know you said 'I would imagine....' but how did you come up with this theory? I agree with a post above that it appears that SS are the prefered option?

10. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Logically, cheaper price point=more volume.

11. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I am not too sure about that. I have seen quite a few people moving from the Sport to SS Watch. I understand your logic, but I disagree :)

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Thats not true, you have try-on appointments and reservations mixed up.

In the past reservations have been held until the end of the day.

[​IMG]

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think that's only because we're on an Apple enthusiast forum, where people often want the greatest. I'd bet that 75%+ of watches sold are the Sport model, just like the majority of iPhones and iPads sold are 16GB.

14. Stefti macrumors newbie

Hi,

Do anyone knows if it is possible to pre order a watch from a country outside the launch countries and pick up in a store for example Berlin?

15. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

The SS are the preferred option for those on this forum. I think the general public will pick the cheaper ones - because they're cheaper. It's just my guess.

I've been wrong before - I thought the gold model would be $2000-$3000. So, I don't know with this 'new' Apple. :)

16. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

No I am correct. I said "timeframe". Yes that timeframe may be the whole day but if you miss it the watch is gone. In many other forums on this site this has been discussed. A try on is a 15 minute session that you can book online or just walk in to a store and wait. A reservation to purchase the watch is made online and you ARE given a timeframe to pickup.

----------

I believe it is a day. My best guess is that if you reserve the watch early enough then the pickup time will be during business hours on the 24th

17. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Yeah my plan is to be up at 2:45 EST and get my stuff ready so that at 3:01 I can go online and order my Sport Watch. I'm picking delivery to my office and hopefully will have it on the 24.

18. NauticalDan macrumors regular

For the iPhone 6, the in store pickup reservation was actually available first on Apple's website before the usual online ordering and delivery was available.

I did the in-store pickup as I was having problems accessing the usual ordering/delivery option, and it actually worked really well. If it works like the iPhone 6 in-store pickup, you'll choose the store you want to pickup at, then you'll be presented with various apple watch models and their availability, make your selection, and see the available pickup times availble on the 24th which are 1 hour windows throughout the day. Only the 24th will be an option (with in-store pickup/reservation on the 25th being available on the night of April 24th, and so on and so on).

19. benguild macrumors 6502a

For countries without "personal pickup" available, can you still make a reservation and just buy it right then and there? I'm not entirely clear on the purpose of the reservations besides "15-minute try ons".