Stupid question is there anyway to subscribe to a YouTube Channel without a YouTube account?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by max2, Aug 7, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

2. frankgrimes macrumors 6502a

frankgrimes

Well it's not really a subscription but I use bookmarks for the most important channels but I think doing a subscription without an account is not possible could be wrong

3. Betamagic macrumors member

Betamagic

You can subscribe to the RSS feed of a YouTube channel. Works without a Youtube account.

4. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks this works!

May I ask now what would be the best rss reader service or application ?

5. MDMachiavelli macrumors regular

MDMachiavelli

Why not have an account?

6. Betamagic macrumors member

Betamagic

News Explorer works nicely with YouTube RSS feeds, with enhanced full screen support and more. Disclaimer: I'm the developer of News Explorer, so this is not a fully objective answer :)

7. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

There are loads of RSS readers out there. Some good ones are:
    * Feedly (free app, has both iOS app and website for e.g. laptop/desktop use)
    * Newsify (paid app, has both iOS app and website for e.g. laptop/desktop use)
    * Heartfeed (free or paid app without ads)

I'm only using those for news and not video so you should really try it out for yourself or check their websites/App Store description to see if they also support video RSS feeds but I think both Feedly and Newsify do that.

I do think the iCatcher! Podcast app (2.99 dollar app, once) together with the Podsync solution (convert a YouTube channel into an RSS feed) should also work.